Wednesday, July 4, 2012

People Pleasers are Not God Pleasers

  In fact if you are one of those people who agree with those who matter to you and you rarely say "no" to them. Guess what, it means you are not being who God created you to be. It is a God given desire to want to be accepted by those we love, but complete surrender and compliance is not honouring to Him. Guess what, I was finally opened to seeing that behaviour in myself about twenty years ago, but unfortunately, I put those people ahead of God and struggled with letting go of what they think and making them "like" me. Here I am fourty six and only five years, God used an event to open my eyes, to see how my compliance and fear of rejection of one person in particular, was actually hurting the very one I loved. Because I (and even others) was so terrified of disagreeing or saying the full truth to them, for fear of their reactions or being rejected by them, this person, had grown to be so in control of their environment and those around them, (out of fear of their own pain and perceived rejection), that they were denial about their own behaviour. In fact, their first reactions to most close people in their life, was to blame everyone else for their unhappiness and problems. The eye opener for me and actually so were oth, would not be true