Thursday, December 3, 2015

This Is NOT Where I Belong...

This world is not my home, I am just passing through...I believe that is an old hymn I remember, sort of. All I know is as far back as I can remember, even before I knew why we were put on this earth, I just didn't feel "at home" in this world. Didn't know what it was all about then. But once I knew, an incredible peace flooded my soul and has been there ever since. If you are struggling with fear,
especially in light of what we face more with life changing world events. I remember how scared I was back as a teen in the late 70s. The nuclear bomb threat, cold war and all that left me paralyzed with fear at times. Back then I didn't know Jesus. Whenever I hear about the latest terrorist attack or horrible crime or disaster, my mind goes back to those days and I think about how afraid young people must be. That is, young people who were like me - not knowing Jesus and the Truth of God's Word. 
His Truth is just as real and alive as the day He had it penned. I am encouraged that this world really isn't our true Home. I am encouraged as I am reminded in His Word ....

[2Co 5:1-11 KJV] 1 For we know that if our earthly house of [this] tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4 For we that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing [is] God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 6 Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

[Phl 1:21-23 KJV] 21 For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain. 22 But if I live in the flesh, this [is] the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
[Jhn 17:14-17 KJV] 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
[Heb 11:13-16 KJV] 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that [country] from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

[1Jo 2:15-17 KJV] 15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
[2Co 4:16-18 KJV] 16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.
[Rom 8:18, 21-22, 24-25 KJV] 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us. ... 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. ... 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

[2Co 4:8-10 KJV] 8 [We are] troubled on every side, yet not distressed; [we are] perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

Hope you too will be encouraged. No matter what happens, we have A Sure Hope and we need to not hide His Light under that bushel. I remember Christians who reached out to me way back then, and even though I didn't "see" the Truth immediately, the Seeds were planted. Looking back, it all makes sense and I am thankful to God for saving my life...for never giving up on me. He loves you, cry out to Him - focus on Heavenly thoughts.

See You In A Little While... Steven Curtis Chapman
As we are reminded about where our real home is, and fix our eyes Heavenward.  I just discovered this new Steven Curtis Chapman song for his dear Grandma who is in her real home...that he will see her in a little while. 
See you later, not good bye.

Hang on tight to Jesus, The Author and Perfecter of our faith. He is our Sure Hope.

[Heb 13:20-21 KJV] 20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment or send questions: