Wednesday, May 11, 2016

ALL MEN WILL HATE YOU BECAUSE OF ME...Yay!

Phil Robertson
My husband and I for a while were watching seasons of Duck Dynasty back to back, when we first discovered it about four years ago. We appreciated the Phil
scenes because he seemed real, open and brutally honest. Before that, we had heard the name Duck Dynasty but were clueless about what it was. It wasn't until we heard his name mentioned back then, by a pastor we watch on the internet. He spoke about Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty being under attack in the media,  for his comments regarding sodomites.  His stance was a bible based one, and anyone who believes the Bible to be the Word of God, also has the same position. That goes for us as well.
What is that you ask?  That God created us male and female, made obvious, by our specific anatomy, with the ability to reproduce with out petri dishes and other scientific intervention.  Created to join as one in marriage (unless called to be single of course.)

[Gen 2:23-24 NLT] 23 "At last!" the man exclaimed. "This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called 'woman,' because she was taken from 'man.'" 24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one. 

And then today my husband told me that Phil was again in the media receiving flack because of his opinion about the whole men's and women's washroom topic. Frankly, we are not surprised when all God designed, is consistently being undermined by all that is anti-Christ. We are warned in the Bible when Jesus said, because He was hated, we (believers in Him) will be hated too.  
Initially, I was writing this article to share a powerful movie trailer called "Torchbearer," with Phil Robertson (watch it below).


But as I wrote about why his name has been in the media in a negative way, and as of this week, is in there again because of the crazy happenings regarding BATHROOMS! it made sense to take this moment to remind all fellow believers, that it is a good thing to be persecuted and rejected, even killed because of our love for Jesus Christ. I say that because I am saddened, even puzzled,  when I hear Christians (not Phil Robertson, but others), get angry and defensive, against those who despise us. When in fact, see what Jesus said about being HAPPY when we are lied about, persecuted and mocked.
[Mat 5:10-14 NLT] 10 God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. 11 "God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way. 13 "You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless. 14 "You are the light of the world--like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.
We are warned in the Bible as Christians that all men/humans will hate us because of Jesus. 
[Jhn 17:14-16 NLT] 14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I'm not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do.
[Mat 10:22-23 NLT] 22 And all nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one town, flee to the next. I tell you the truth, the Son of Man will return before you have reached all the towns of Israel.
[Jhn 15:18-23, 25 NLT] 18 "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? 'A slave is not greater than the master.' Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 21 They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me. 22 They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. ... 25 This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: 'They hated me without cause.'
[Jhn 16:1-4 NLT] 1 "I have told you these things so that you won't abandon your faith. 2 For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God. 3 This is because they have never known the Father or me. 4 Yes, I'm telling you these things now, so that when they happen, you will remember my warning. I didn't tell you earlier because I was going to be with you for a while longer.

See, we shouldn't be a surprise when we are despised, spat on, criticized...rejected, even by our own family, because we had plenty of warning in God's Word what would happen.
In fact, we are told the Truth is foolishness to those who are perishing. In no way, are we any better than anyone else. In fact, we are told to love our enemies, pray for those who persecute us. That God cares for all of us. We are to show Christ's love to all. No, we do not have to go along with sin of any kind. Any kind. Remember look at the saw mill in our own eye before picking at the speck in other's.  We are to love all in spite of them hating us. 
So we shouldn't be surprised at the attacks toward any Christian defending God's design. Just don't expect the persecutors to agree. Ah, but God can change hearts, so pray and love with His Love. Be encouraged.


[Jhn 16:8-13 NLT] 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world's sin is that it refuses to believe in me. 10 Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more. 11 Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. 12 "There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can't bear it now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.

Click this link HERE for a pile of Bible verses about what God's Word says regarding homosexuality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment or send questions: